Tomato & Lentil Soup. The tomato is the edible, often red, berry of the plant Solanum lycopersicum, commonly known as a tomato plant. The species originated in western South America and Central America. The Nahuatl (the language used by the Aztecs) word tomatl gave rise to the Spanish word tomate, from which the English word tomato derived.
Tomatoes are not hard to grow; they're incredibly productive, versatile in the kitchen, and so delicious off the vine. Our guide covers all the information you need to grow tomatoes successfully—including selecting tomato varieties, starting seeds, transplanting tomatoes outside, using tomato stakes and cages. Overview Information Tomato is a plant. You succeed grilling devil Tomato & Lentil Soup applying 10 instructions so 5 and. Here you are attain.
program of Tomato & Lentil Soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, chopped and gently crushed.
- You need 1 (500 g) of packet passata.
- It's 1 of carrot, diced.
- You need 1 handful of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 litre of vegetable stock. “Marigold” is fine if you’ve no home-made.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 of dollop per soup bowl crème fraîche (Optional).
- You need to taste of Seasoning.
The fruit is a familiar vegetable, but the fruit, leaf, and vine are used to make medicine. Tomato is used for preventing cancer of the breast, bladder. Tomato plants need to move and sway in the breeze to develop strong stems. That happens naturally outdoors, but if you start your seedlings inside, you need to provide some type of air circulation.
Tomato & Lentil Soup in succession
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or large saucepan and gently fry the onions for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Only stir if necessary to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes, gently stirring..
- Stir in the passata, carrot and lentils, then add the stock and bring to the boil, stirring regularly but not too vigorously. Reduce to a fast simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally and after 10-15 minutes add the thyme..
- Transfer to a blender and whizz to get a nice consistency. Taste and season to taste..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty rolls. Add a dollop of crème fraîche to each soup bowl if available/wished..
Tomato definition is - the usually large, rounded, edible, pulpy berry of an herb (genus Solanum) of the nightshade family native to South America that is typically red but may be yellow, orange, green, or purplish in color and is eaten raw or cooked as a vegetable. Tomato, flowering plant of the nightshade family, cultivated extensively for its edible fruits. The fruits are commonly eaten raw, served as a cooked vegetable, used as an ingredient of prepared dishes, pickled, or processed. Learn more about the plant, its cultivation, and its history of domestication. Here's why: Clean and Crisp interface with a Mobile friendly layout.