Swiss Tuna melt. We like Swiss tuna melts served with homemade vegetable soup. You'll love the crunch that celery gives to the creamy tuna filling.—Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana. Open Faced Tuna Melt is the ultimate sandwich for all you tuna lovers!
Besides being one of the best tuna sandwiches Any brand of Swiss cheese will do. It is always best to use your favorite/trusted brand. In a bowl, combine the tuna, Swiss cheese, green onion and celery. You succeed stewing spoil Swiss Tuna melt practicing 6 receipt as a consequence 9 so. Here you go nail it.
prescription of Swiss Tuna melt
- It's 1 can of tuna (6 oz chunk in water).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of light mayonaise.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sweet pickle relish.
- You need 2 slice of swiss cheese.
- You need 2 slice of low calorie whole wheat bread.
- You need 1 tbsp of light margerine.
In a small bowl combine sour cream and mayonnaise (if you like more creamier use more mayonnaise and sour cream); pour over. This Tuna Melt from Delish.com goes out to all the canned-fish lovers. Looking for a low carb version? Try our tomato bun tuna melts!
Swiss Tuna melt instructions
- Completely drain (press) tuna and flake..
- Place tuna, mayonaise and relish in bowl. Thoroughly mix..
- Lightly toast bread..
- Place enough Swiss cheese to thinly cover one slice of bread..
- Add the entire tuna mixture (this isn't a skimpy melt) to the bread slice. Pack it on..
- Place enough Swiss cheese on the second slice of bread to thinly cover. Place on tuna mix so the tuna is between cheese slices..
- Use enough margerine to lightly butter the top slice of bread. Place buttered side down in hot skillet..
- While first side is browning, use remaining margerine to butter the second slice of bread. Flip and brown until the bread is done and the cheese has melted on both sides..
- Serve with soup or salad..
Make sure to keep the tuna melt under the broiler long enough for the cheese to get slightly browned and crispy on top. Crispy capers are simply capers quickly fried in olive oil. I remember my mother making a different version of this. it had diced onion & green pepper and was made with condensed mushroom soup instead of the. Tuna, canned, scallions, spring or green onions, red onion, pickled jalapenos, celery stalks, apples, cilantro, olive oil, extra-virgin, mayonnaise, salt and black pepper, lime juice, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, whole wheat bread, swiss cheese, tomatoes, pickles, dill, tortilla chips. A tuna melt is a satisfying hot sandwich commonly available at restaurants.